Laurel Kincl, PhD, CSP is an Associate Professor of Environmental and Occupational Health at Oregon State University. Dr. Kincl has more than 15 years of experience in research, outreach, and educational programs related to occupational health and safety.
- quantifying, communicating, and controlling occupational exposures to health and safety hazards
- development and testing of injury prevention efforts in the commercial fishing industry
- construction safety and ergonomics
Current, Recent, and Upcoming HCD Courses
- H546 – Exposure Science: Physical Agents and Human Health – 3 credits – Winter 2019
- H588 – Applied Occupational Safety and Health – 3 credits – Spring 2019
Occupational Safety and Health Laboratory
Location: Milam 5
Research Equipment and Software:
- Force Guages
- TSI Indoor Air Quality Monitor
- Noise Dosimeters
- Lumbar Motion Monitor
- Safety Voice for Ergonomics (The SAVE Project). (CPWR/NIOSH)
- Injury Prevention in the West Coast Dungeness Crab Fleet. (CDC/NIOSH)
- Personal Environmental Exposure Assessment Using Wristbands for Epidemiological Studies in Disadvantaged Communities. (NIEHS)
- Protecting the Logging Workforce: Development of Innovative Logging Techniques for a Safer Working Environment (CDC/NIOSH)
- Syron L, Lucas D, Bovbjerg V, Bethel J, Kincl L. Utility of a Work Process Classification System for characterizing non-fatal injuries in the Alaskan commercial fishing industry. International Journal of Circumpolar Health, 75. 2016.
- Sarazin P, Burstyn I, Kincl L, Lavoué J. Trends in OSHA Compliance Monitoring Data 1979-2011: Statistical Modeling of Ancillary Information across 77 Chemicals. Ann Occup Hyg. 2016. PMID: 26732821
- Case S, Bovbjerg V, Lucas D, Syron L, Kincl L. Reported traumatic injuries among West Coast Dungeness crab fishermen, 2002-2014. Int Marit Health. 66(4):207-10. 2015. PubMed PMID: 26726891; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4704689
- Vila J, Bowman JD, Richardson L, Kincl L, Conover DL, McLean D, Mann S, Vecchia P, van Tongeren M, Cardis E; INTEROCC Study Group. A Source-based Measurement Database for Occupational Exposure Assessment of Electromagnetic Fields in the INTEROCC Study: A Literature Review Approach. Ann Occup Hyg. 2015. PubMed PMID: 26493616
- Lu M-L, Kincl L, Lowe B, Succop P, Bhattacharya A. “Muscular activity of lower limb muscles associated with working on inclined surfaces.” Ergonomics. 58(2), 278-290, 2015. PubMed PMID: 25331562; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4557765.
- Lucas D, Kincl L, Bovbjerg V, Branscum A, Lincoln J. “Primary prevention of fishing vessel disasters: evaluation of a United States Coast Guard policy intervention.” Mar Policy. 50, 67-73, 2014.